Tuesday, May 27, 2008

The power of GRACE!

A couple of weeks ago, I was listening to a discipleship talk by Eric Ludy on my way to work in the morning via my ipod. This particular session was on grace. Some of his words particularly struck me. He talked about how in modern Christianity, we have often boiled down "grace" to mean that Jesus saved us from our sins. This is true...He did save us from our sins but grace is so much more than that. Ludy talks about how the Biblical references to grace deal with the power of God in our lives...the power to change and transform us. God is the God of the impossible doing mighty things in our lives! Modern Christianity often says, "Its ok, man, that you made a mistake. We all sin. We are human." Well, once again, this is true but this is almost a defeatist kind of thinking. God can and will transform us more and more as we reach eternity (sort of like limits in math...you get really close to the value but never quite reach it). This is us as we mature in Christ. We get (or should get) really close to being like Christ but will not quite reach it till heaven. The problem is many of us try to change ourselves and then continue to get frustrated when we don't see change. We must offer it up and daily say, "God, transform me. Do the impossible in me!" If I look back at my life over the last six months even, I can see that God is working and transforming me. I am not who I used to be. And I trust that another six months from now, I will say the same thing.

God's grace is not just Him saving us from our sins but it is also His transforming power in our lives to testify about Him in this broken and fallen world. May you know and experience the power of God in your life--His grace!

No comments: