Sunday, February 22, 2009

My life and my times are in your hands

So I'm pretty bad at blogs seeing as I haven't written anything in over three months! I've decided to write about my daily life, which will of course include some deeper reflections but not always. Hopefully you'll get the chance to see more of what life is like in the Big Apple.

One of the verses I quote to myself almost every morning is "My life and my times are in your hands." Usually this verse comes to mind as I wait for the subway to pick me up in the morning on my way to work. Its normally on time and very predictable but nonetheless, sometimes you wait a little longer than you'd like. Life is full of situations testing your patience and living in NYC presents many of these challenges. This verse encourages me because I know my life is in the hands of an Almighty, Sovereign God. This calms me because it reminds me that all details of my life, including the timing of the subway, is out of my control. But these details aren't just left up to fate or chance; they are left to a good, gracious and wise God who knows what is best and sees it all.

In a stressful, busy city that can easily swallow you up, Jesus is my calm and stress reliever BECAUSE He is truth, wisdom, and life.

No comments: